Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow

(11 Posts)
Fabster Tue 27-Oct-09 18:11:32

I was going to ask him if he could test me for coeliac disease but I am wondering if I have got it all wrong.

I have been having tummy trouble since I had my 4 year old. My stomach muscles have separated and I have done nothing about it as it is only recently I have realised I should have been doing exercises, etc to try and sort them out.

I have had lots of bloating and painful and tender feelings when the GP has pressed on my stomach so I have been given tablets to take before I eat and also other ones to sort out the acid he felt I had in my stomach.

I have been taking some prebiotic type tablets for the last 4-5 weeks as I feel I needed a good clean out.

My problem is I can't eat bread, crumpets, other bread items without needing a trip to the loo. I have tried free of everything bread and it seems marginally better. The pain I used to get with eating normal bread has gone but tbh I just daren't eat it any more.

I have recently had polyps removed from my womb (very upset to have bleeding again today as I thought that would clear it up) and I don't know if these things are all linked or not.

GP appointments seem so short I need advice as to what I should ask him and what is more important to be sorted out.

TIA and sorry it is so long. blush

Fabster Tue 27-Oct-09 19:45:24

mumof2000 Tue 27-Oct-09 20:10:46

poor you , sounds like you'v a things going on that you need to talk to your GP about .
write a list before you go, write each point that you re concerned about and tick off as you tell him/her , as when your there things go right out of your head and you dont end up asking things you want to ...

Hope that helps a little and good luck .

Fabster Tue 27-Oct-09 20:12:47

Thank you.

The GP is lovely but sometimes I feel he dismisses me a bit as he thinks I am a hypochondriac.

mumof2000 Tue 27-Oct-09 20:25:34

Thats good , as long as you can get all the things you want to ask out ....
thats why a list is good then you will ask ..

and dont worry about what they think remember thats there job .... to help and reasure you to .

Fabster Wed 28-Oct-09 08:48:30

my head is a mess this morning and I could do without this today. My wrist is really hurting and joint pain is a symptom.

mumof2000 Wed 28-Oct-09 14:49:01

Hi Fab , how are you ? Have you had your doc appt yet?

Fabster Wed 28-Oct-09 15:32:13

Hi

Sore, head a mess and shattered.

I had my appointment and I am having blood tests next week. I posted a thread I saw the GP today.

Thanks for asking .

mumof2000 Wed 28-Oct-09 16:38:52

ok will find you on other thread

mumof2000 Wed 28-Oct-09 20:33:18

cant find thread sorry , hope your ok .

Fabster Thu 29-Oct-09 08:23:53

here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now