Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Well that's just marvelous........took DS1 to his first induction afternoon.......

(7 Posts)
Gwenick Tue 14-Jun-05 14:57:28

as his infant school.......he had been a bit 'off' this morning, rather grumpy and a bit teary, but didn't have a temperature or anything so I 'assumed' he was just in a foul mood. Got there and although he did 'play' a little really didn't get involved much at all (this is a boy who scored a perfect 5 in his nursery observation this term and isn't at ALL shy). Sat down to have snack, - juice and bisucit. He refused the biscuit and only had a tiny bit of juice.

I commented to a few people that he wasn't usually like this and "I hope he's not coming down with something"...........they took them out to play in the playground for 10 minutes..had been gone literally 30 seconds when DS1 was brought back inside - after he'd thrown up .....

Thankfully only live next door so didn't have far to drag him home - but those parents must think I deliberately took a sick child to the induction day !!!!

tarantula Tue 14-Jun-05 15:00:24

Kids eh Cant take em anywhere Isnt it always the way. Im sure none of the other parents were thinking that tho Gwenwick. Im sure their thoughts were There but for the grace of god..... I know that would be my thought anyway

Nbg Tue 14-Jun-05 15:01:46

Awwww poor ds. Is he any better now?

Gwenick Tue 14-Jun-05 15:03:23

I hope thye don't think of me - It just feels worse as I commented out loud "hope he's not coming down with something" as he was REALLY out of character for the 1st 45 minutes or so

He's asleep on the sofa at the moment, DS2 is sleeping in his cot - so FREEDOM

aaliyahsmum Tue 14-Jun-05 15:04:17

dd had hers yesterday and after throwing up on sunday night and monday morning i rang school and said she wouldnt be able to make it, they said i should really try and attend, got dp to take time off work so i could go and felt like a fool as everyone else had kids and i didnt but i did think everyone would give me looks if i took a sick child. but it went really well and teacher explained dd was ill and everyone was really nice, but i now have bug and have infected all the kids anyway lol.

Gwenick Tue 14-Jun-05 15:12:18

he's got another one next tuesday afternoon, and then the third 2 weeks time - so he won't miss too much - he says he enjoyed himself anyhow

Catsmother Tue 14-Jun-05 18:02:25

Something like this happened to me when my son was a lot younger. He'd shown no sign of being poorly before but after he's been sick, I got "you really shouldn't have bought a sick child in" from one of the teachers making me feel about 2 foot tall.

I just feebly muttered that I hadn't known but wish I'd had the wherewithal to give her what for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now