Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How long did you bleed for after coil fitting?

(8 Posts)
keepplodding Sat 24-Oct-09 21:49:11

Please?! Mirena fitted four weeks ago and all fine but now in fourth week of bleeding quite heavily.....how long will this last, really fed up already!

Flyonthewindscreen Sat 24-Oct-09 22:05:05

Sorry don't remember bleeding at all, maybe you should go back to GPs? In fact periods completely stopped after about 3 months smile

mmrred Sat 24-Oct-09 22:17:14

My doc told me I may bleed for 6 months! However, I've had more of a dark discharge, only really noticable when I go to the loo - and that's gone now (3 months - just a bit pinky when I would normally be 'on')

Are you having any pain?

keepplodding Sun 25-Oct-09 08:06:00

no, no pain at all. Just wish it would stop!

purplepeony Sun 25-Oct-09 08:58:12

I had bleeding for 3 weeks after copper coil, then a period, then more bleeidng- went back to FPC in desperation and they looked- said it was half out! I had it removed. Go back to the GP.

keepplodding Sun 25-Oct-09 09:33:02

I think you're right, I will go back next week. I just thought I would know (have pain or something) if it had moved, I assumed this was normal!

cktwo Sun 25-Oct-09 09:41:19

I had bleeding on and off for around 6 months, it was getting me down so much I nearly had it removed and then one day, it suddenly stopped. I've ha the Mirena 18 months now and I've had no problems for the past 12 months.

satansauruswrecks Sun 25-Oct-09 11:13:05

I had very light bleeding most days for 3-4 months. Has stopped now for past 3 days!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now