Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

PMS - need some help please!

(9 Posts)
IlanaK Tue 14-Jun-05 13:18:24

Since my periods restarted a few months ago (after ds2), my pms is out of control. It starts 2 weeks before any bleeding with lower back pain, cramps and the mother of all moodiness! I never had this before (maybe one or two days of it only). What do I do? I do not want to go back on the pill, but need to do something!

IlanaK Wed 15-Jun-05 10:01:31

No-one has any experienc eof PMS on a site full of women????? Help!

WigWamBam Wed 15-Jun-05 10:03:24

You could try evening primrose oil, starflower oil or vitamin B6. All are meant to help with PMS, but you need to give them a little while to work.

Tortington Wed 15-Jun-05 10:38:32

i dont know whether there is anymedical basis to the following claim - just my thoughts but...whilst on a low carb diet recently i noticed the distinct lack of wanting to murder my dh around a week before my period.

hope this helps

Hausfrau Wed 15-Jun-05 10:56:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bugsy2 Wed 15-Jun-05 11:00:42

I used Agnus Cactus in the past and found it very helpful.

NatureDoc Wed 15-Jun-05 19:41:40

Agnus Castus, B6, Magnesium are the key supplements for this - the magnesium reduces the cramps. A good naturopath or herbalist should be able to sort this out very easily. Try www.gni-international.org

Enid Wed 15-Jun-05 19:44:02

the cramps 2 weeks before sound like ovulation pain - I get this.

sorry cant help though - I quite like my ovulation pain in a weird sort of way.

Starflower oil and B6 helped me when I had bad pmt for a while

Donbean Wed 15-Jun-05 19:44:29

Yes, id highly recommend starflower oil and evening primrose oil, i got mine from Tescos and they were not expensive.
Ive been on them for about 7 weeks now and this month feels far better controlled for me in terms of mood/bloatedness/general feeling of horridness.
Give it a go but you must take them for aprox 3 months for them to begin to work im told.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now