Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

my wallets now hurts more than my tooth!!

(6 Posts)
gingerbunny Fri 23-Oct-09 19:51:46

had to get an emergency appointment at the dentist today, had bad toothache for a week.
I'm gutted as part of my tooth has died and i now need a root canal filling. I've never had one before and I only have a couple of little fillings. sad
But I think I'm more gutted that it's going to cost me £370!shock
I think I should retrain as a dentist!

alypaly Fri 23-Oct-09 21:50:42

thats cheaper than mine justsmile mine charged me £385 last week for the same thing. OMG!!!! cant afford this. Used to get it on family tax credit but the sods gone private!!!!!!!!!!

MrsMuddle Fri 23-Oct-09 22:46:35

I've just paid £92 for root canal treatment. Are you sure that price is right? Is it private or NHS?

alypaly Fri 23-Oct-09 22:54:01

private...there no nhs near us

MrsMuddle Fri 23-Oct-09 23:46:49

I'm sorry to hear that. To be honest, I'd have happily paid any amount of money to be free of the pain. It was well worth it.

gingerbunny Sat 24-Oct-09 23:38:46

private, no nhs here either.
I agree MrsMuddle I'd have paid double, but it still hurts to think about all that money, especially as we have my ds2 naming day, ds1's birthday, ds2's birthday, christmas and my parents special birthdays coming up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now