Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any idea what this pain could be?

(9 Posts)
insertwittynicknameHERE Fri 23-Oct-09 09:57:28

I have, for the last few days, been experiencing some quite severe lower abdominal pain in my left hand side which radiates around to my back.
Lats night it got so bad that it kept me awake for most of the night even after I had taken some paracetamol. It is really bad now and I am struggling to lift the DC when I need to. It hurts when I move and when I am resting. It kind of feels like I am being stabbed TBH.

I am not pg, DD2 is 12 weeks old and my periods have not yet returned.

insertwittynicknameHERE Fri 23-Oct-09 10:13:38

Bump

RainBOOJelly Fri 23-Oct-09 10:15:27

you should get yourself checked out by GP, you could have an infection. Or it could be water infection maybe. I would def go and get it checked out though.

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Fri 23-Oct-09 10:19:04

Pop to the GP dear. It sounds painful and needs to be checked out. Some folk have their appendix on the left side, not the right, could also be a UTI/renal stone/ovarian cyst... get it looked at as I won't sleep for worrying about you now wink

alypaly Fri 23-Oct-09 21:47:29

how far down on the left?

facebookaddict Fri 23-Oct-09 22:00:30

Paracetamol won't work on digestive/abdominal pains (GP has told me re my DCs).

I know this might be silly, but what about.... dare i say it.... wind?

I know that sounds ridiculous but if perhaps you have a little intestinal bug that is causing cramping... Can't harm to try some gaviscon?

insertwittynicknameHERE Sat 24-Oct-09 11:02:12

Thanks, it is quite low down on the left, almost in my groin and then radiates around my back and is up and down the left hand side of my back.
It is better today, still woke me last night but I was able to get back to sleep after a while.

I will try some gaviscon, thank you.

facebookaddict Sat 24-Oct-09 18:55:37

Sounds like one for the GP... Hope it's better today.

alypaly Sun 25-Oct-09 22:55:25

sounds like a urine infection...does it run up and over the front of your hip bone and into your back?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now