Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nausea

(5 Posts)
bodycolder Fri 23-Oct-09 09:26:51

Every so often I wake up with what fels like morning sickness!It isn't and the doctors can't explain it as it is so random.I know there is nothing anyone can do to but I am looking for tips to stem the feeling!I have it oday first time this year and I have to go out!It is so frustrating as otherwise I feel well!Know its really bad when I am repuled by coffee and can only drink sugary tea.Help!

luciemule Fri 23-Oct-09 09:57:47

Are you on a contraceptive pill?
I was on loestrin 20 (which is lower in oestrogen that some) but it still made me feel like I had morning sickness all day long on and off throughout the month. In the end I went to the GP to get a bloodtest in case I was pregnant, but I wasn't.
Came off the pill and it went away.
Sometimes still throughout the month, I feel like I have to drink a glucose drink though as I do still feel a little nauseous sometimes.

If you are on the pill, that could be it so you could ask to change pills and see if it makes a difference.

Aubergines Fri 23-Oct-09 10:02:50

I had a similar reaction to the Pill. I also feel nauseous around ovulation. However, like you, I sometimes get it with no obvious cause.

Have you tried Motilium (an over the counter drug) or Stemetil (sp?) (prescription only). Stemetil helps me.

bodycolder Fri 23-Oct-09 10:05:43

I am not on the pill but am on medication for my transplant but have been on those 25 yrs so know its not them!Will try stemetil I think as the gp said I could buy it over the counter if it got bad.Have called friend and told her to come here for lunch so at last I can stay in.But the thought of food and a manic 3 yr old aaaaah!grin

bodycolder Fri 23-Oct-09 10:07:12

Just looked up nausea at ovulation and sounds like that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now