Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Had IPL yesterday and worried, anyone had this or perform it can you advise me?

(12 Posts)
AnxiousAnne Fri 23-Oct-09 09:18:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

barbie1 Fri 23-Oct-09 09:24:15

hi,

I used to perfrom IPL when i lived in the uk...I have done it for a few years and never heard of any problems. As long as you wore the eye patches you will be fine, 5 minutes subjected to the light isnt enough to cause any damage. In fact when i was learning i did a whole 20 minute treatment without my glasses on blush
If you are worried on your next visit i would buy yourself some sunbed googles as well as wearing the eye patches. Some of my clients even wore there own sunglasses over the top.
We did offer patches or glasses depending on client preference.
You will be fine smile

mumof2000 Fri 23-Oct-09 09:26:52

Hi AA , i dont know much about this procedure , im sure it is all fine but if you are worried maybe call the clinic today and ask there advice ? will help put your mind at rest .

I can totally sympathyse with your Health Anxiety as i suffer with that to sad

If you want to talk some more im here for a while then got denyist hmm another worry ...i know what its like to feel this way and i find it helpfll to talk about it ..(((hug)))xx

AnxiousAnne Fri 23-Oct-09 09:31:08

mumof2000 Fri 23-Oct-09 09:35:19

Good im glad you feel better smile

If ever you feel like a chat im around mostly on anx threads..as i do find it good to talk .grin

Take care xx

barbie1 Fri 23-Oct-09 09:37:25

anne the amount of light you would of seen would be no more harmful than going outside on a sunny day.

Please do not worry, i used to do about 40 mins of treatments each day, 5 days a week for about 18 months....i now live in dubai and am subjected to the harmful sun each day. My eyes are fine!

If you have further appts i would definatley recommend some sunbed googles for you, wear over the patches and hopefully you will feel safer.

Some of my clients also used to wet cotton wool disc and put on the eyes first, it just to make them feel relaxed, worth a try?

AnxiousAnne Fri 23-Oct-09 09:37:52

mumof2000 Fri 23-Oct-09 12:31:52

AA have you sought an help for your anxiety ?

I tried many with little good , i do find though posertive talking helps and keeping busy ...then not to much time for thinking ....

i also have started to write things down , a list of things i want to do in the day and tick them off as i go and this actually makes me feel good grin

I worry mainly about health and mine goes in waves of self checking /going to Doctors for reaurance / googling angry angry all of which inforces my anxiety more ... i know this but sometimes i just cant help myself ...

in a funny wave now but wont boar you with it ..

How long have you been like this ? did something triger it for you ?

Your not alone lots of us mummys feel like this from time to time .

xx

mumof2000 Fri 23-Oct-09 12:33:02

Please forgive my bad spelling sorry ..

AnxiousAnne Fri 23-Oct-09 13:10:55

mumof2000 Fri 23-Oct-09 13:41:44

firstly take 3 deep breaths .... ((((hug))))
if having your eyes checked will help you feel better then you should do it and if your due an eye check be good to get it done anyway .
sounds as though it will be fine, as you have spoken to clinic and they have said the patches were perfectly safe and reasured you i hope ,they are the best people to talk to as they do this procedure day in day out , and barbie 1 has also given you some good advice to .

I do know how you feel ... it can really take control , if you can try and get out for a while go for a walk or visit a friend , this will help break the worry cycle ....(easyier said than done i know )
I have been trying rescue remade spray which has helped i think , tastes quite nice to smile

Do you have any close friends /family you can talk to ,?
what does RL mean ? sorry dont know .

xx

AnxiousAnne Fri 23-Oct-09 19:09:18

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now