Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

what should I do with him?

(6 Posts)
Titania Tue 14-Jun-05 07:54:30

ds1 has got a temperature and seems pretty tired. Hes just laying on the sofa saying that he has got a headache. But he is insisting that he wants to go to school. He has eaten breakfast. He is still managing to shout at his sister too!! lol. I think I should keep him off school but he is getting upset at me saying so.

Fran1 Tue 14-Jun-05 08:17:34

How old is he?

I guess i wouldn't argue if he wants to go, just tell his teachers and to call you if they think hes unwell.

Has he had chicken pox? Just asking cos my dd has just had it, she had the temp a few days before the spots came out and so i was mystified as to what was wrong!

TracyK Tue 14-Jun-05 08:17:47

give some calpol and phone and check on progress at lunchtime.

Titania Tue 14-Jun-05 08:19:18

he is 5. he hasnt had chicken pox yet.

he is asleep now.

Fran1 Tue 14-Jun-05 10:24:39

DO i take it that means he didn't go to school?

My dd had a high temp for about 24 hours and seemed generaly under the weather. Then for two days she was back to normal and on the third day she had one spot which gradually increased and i realised it was chicken pox!

I hope for you son it is that, cos i'm currently nursing my 33yr old dp thru chicken pox and it is extremely horrible for adults. My dd sailed thru with no problems just a little itching. Its not often i say i hope someone has illnesses but in this case it is far better to get it when you are young!

Take care

Titania Tue 14-Jun-05 10:26:36

no he hasnt gone. hes still asleep. my kids always seem to miss the chicken pox outbreaks....i had it when i was 14 and that was bad enough

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now