Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sharp intrauterine pains which made me black out

(7 Posts)
hmc Wed 21-Oct-09 16:47:11

This morning out of the blue I had very sharp intrauterine pains which made me feel so faint and clammy with the pain that I flopped on a chair in the kitchen.

DD was concerned and called for her dad who was in his study, by the time he came in I was 'out' and apparently my eyes were rolling in my head. I came to a few seconds later to dh shouting "breathe deeply!".

It's not entirely unknown for me to black out when in severe pain - it has happened a couple of times previously in my life....

The pains abated a few minutes later but then I felt thoroughly drained and after dropping the children at school, I returned home and went to bed for a couple of hours.

I've felt okay since then (a bit 'spacey'), no more pains etc. Have had no other symptoms (no bleeding / vaginal discharge).

Anyone had anything similar - I guess I am asking, what non-sinister condition might it be? Will try and get to the doctors open surgery tomorrow but kids are on inset day and also we go on holiday tomorrow night! - so timing is not great

bamboobutton Wed 21-Oct-09 16:51:15

whereabouts was the pain? overy area?

it could be a cyst, if it was really bad it could be the cyst twisting.

i get this pain too, mainly around ovulation and my period, feels like im being stabbed with a screw driver.

Ewe Wed 21-Oct-09 16:52:24

UTI?

Any pain on urinating?

hmc Wed 21-Oct-09 16:56:16

No pain on urination....

It's hard to pin point the pain...it was kind of a shooting pain(-ish). The closest I can compare it to was contractions during labour, but that wasn't quite it either.

It could have been around the ovary.

Yes it did have 'stabbing' like qualities bamboo

hmc Wed 21-Oct-09 16:56:46

I suppose I am about mid cycle - but never had anything quite like this before

bamboobutton Wed 21-Oct-09 16:59:50

have you had a CS at all? i found my pains got worse after my CS so it could also be adhesions.

most likely to be a cyst or endometriosis.

having investigoogled my stabbing pains the only serious thing i found was cysts.

bamboobutton Wed 21-Oct-09 17:03:48

this might be useful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now