Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

HELP my coil seems to be MIA

(14 Posts)
moaningminniewhingesagain Wed 21-Oct-09 11:36:08

Had mirena put in in April. Can find my cervix but cannot find any strings this am. Dr is ringing me tomorrow, not made an appt because I have just started with thrush so want to clear it before anyone examines me.

AArgh what will they do? Fish it out under GA? Assuming its still in the womb of course and not fallen in the toilet...

Seededbiatch Wed 21-Oct-09 11:39:59

Crumbs!

I think if it had come out you would have felt it don't you? So it must have slipped up the other way if that's possible?

If I were you I would be more worried about what the coil were doing floating around in my womb than going to the Doc's with a bit of thrush. He/she sees thrush all the time, nothing to be embarrassed about.

Do you feel ok, any raised temp, cramps/pains?

moaningminniewhingesagain Wed 21-Oct-09 11:43:53

No I am well, I just don't fancy being examined with a speculum when my fanjo is on fireblush

Also v worried about getting pregnant obv <buries head in sand> Is it worth taking MAP even though last had sex Sunday night?And I don't know how long it has been missing.

Seededbiatch Wed 21-Oct-09 11:58:25

Best to speak to the GP, see what they reckon.

I imagine to be on safe side they'll suggest MAP and will get you in to check the position of the coil.

It is possible that the strings have just gone inside rather than the coil itself. I think thats probably most likely...hopefully!

moaningminniewhingesagain Wed 21-Oct-09 12:05:59

sad Gp cannot ring me til tomorrow. Will speak to pharmacist about MAP this afternoon and see what they think about it. Daren't tell DH just yet, we really cannot get PG right now.

Seededbiatch Wed 21-Oct-09 12:12:12

What a useless bloody GP! Do they know what it's about? If they do we can only assume that they think it isn't very serious.

Don't do anything too strenuous until you see the GP and they make sure it is in place because if it is wandering around aimlessly in your womb and not properly wedged in then it could puncture you.

And definitely no shagging!

Good idea to speak to pharmacist.

Can you speak to the practice nurse about it, maybe she could get you in with the GP quicker?

wheresmypaddle Wed 21-Oct-09 12:13:24

Sure when I had mine fitted was told there is a tiny risk it can get lost by falling out or can go upwards into womb or even into other parts of abdomen (sorry if this sounds alarming). So if you can't find it there is a chance it could be somewhere that it shouldn't (in which case it would be a good idea to see GP) and a chance you could get pregnant- guess the risk of this depends on where sunday fell in you cycle (ie around ovulation.

I was told the most likely time for coil to fall out was during your period so its best to double check it is there after this time- not that I tend to remember.

Hope I haven't alarmed you- am just reiterating what I was told. Really hope all turns out to be OK for you.

moaningminniewhingesagain Wed 21-Oct-09 12:24:22

Yes I told the receptionist what the problem was...My DCs are 2.6 and 10m its the getting pregnant thats my main concernwink

No idea if ovulating or not with the mirena and not having periods, just spotting now and then, am still BF so that should reduce the risk though <<grasps at straws>>

moaningminniewhingesagain Wed 21-Oct-09 12:26:35

Thanks for the listening ear, am going to get off to town, speak to chemist etc.

Will let you know if it turns up. Hopefully not in the hand of a bouncing baby, got pregnant first month of trying both times you see, am paranoid about DH's super fertile sperm!

Seededbiatch Wed 21-Oct-09 13:50:01

Good luck smile

moaningminniewhingesagain Thu 22-Oct-09 12:19:23

Ah well, it could be worse. Saw pharmacist yesterday, got MAP and a -ve pregnancy testgrin

Spoke to GP, I will be off for an ultrasound to find out it it's still in there. The good news is, if its still there we can leave it until it's due to be changed, phew. I was racing ahead thinking I'd have to get it fished out but apparently not.

Seededbiatch Thu 22-Oct-09 21:56:23

Whats a ve pregnancy test?

Seems like a bit of a longwinded way round things doesn't it? You would have thought it would be easier for the GP to have a look to first maybe?

Nevermind, at least there's no danger of you being up duffed just yet smile

moaningminniewhingesagain Fri 23-Oct-09 09:15:34

Negative prenancy test. I think she didn't ask me to come to be examined because she knows if I can't feel it, it isn't anywhere she will be able to see it wink which is fine by me.

moaningminniewhingesagain Wed 11-Nov-09 16:31:33

Had scan today, it's still ingrin so can carry on as normal apparently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now