Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone had a closcopy, had cells burnt out..then had infection??

(4 Posts)
mindermummy Wed 21-Oct-09 09:22:37

A week ago i went for a closcopy..was told ab normal cells there and had to be burnt out....

A week later i went to doctors and they said i have an infection there...as i thought due to a horrid smell.

But there is still loads of the back stuff coming out...

Has anyone else had this and how long for..is it normal to have so much..the doc didnt seem bothered.

TheBlairSnitchProject Wed 21-Oct-09 09:26:40

I had a mild infection after my colcoscopy.

Am now pregnant for the second time since then

Here's hoping everything will be fine for you too...

PinkChick Wed 21-Oct-09 09:42:28

hi, i didnt get an infection afterwards, but that will be the black stuff coming out along with blood..i bled for a good few weeks (not just blood, but lump, clots, awful stuff!)afterwards and if you've developed infection too, this is it 'coming away'..keep an eye on it and go back if you are still concerned. hope you're oksmile

PurpleLostPrincess Wed 21-Oct-09 12:37:45

Hi, I had my first colposcopy about 10 years ago and I remember the black horrible smelly stuff. I think I had an infection in the weeks to follow, but they just gave me anti-biotics and it soon cleared up hth smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now