Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

I've just trodden on a bee....

(8 Posts)
Bellie Mon 13-Jun-05 16:16:31

...and been stung on the sole of my foot. That'll teach me for walking around barefoot then
I cannot see any sting in there and have put some witch hazel on - should I be doing anything else??

fastasleep Mon 13-Jun-05 16:17:56

An anti=histamine might help if it's swelling or going red or hurting a lot... just a piriton (sp?) tablet for hayfever should do it, or a cream... all available in the chemist... sounds ouchy!

fastasleep Mon 13-Jun-05 16:18:14

can't type with DS sprawled across me asleep!

beachyhead Mon 13-Jun-05 16:18:54

Take Piriton syrup if you have any and stick an ice block on it......

WigWamBam Mon 13-Jun-05 16:19:12

Take an anti-histimine if you start to get any swelling. You can relieve the pain with bicarbonate of soda made into a paste with a little water.

Bellie Mon 13-Jun-05 16:20:25

thanks - off to search the medicine cabinet for anti-histimine

tortoiseshell Mon 13-Jun-05 16:42:39

The best thing to use is Lasonil cream which you can get from a chemist. Or you could use calamine. You shouldn't need anti-histamine unless you start to get a reaction. Most don't though. Hope it feels better soon.

erinsmom Mon 13-Jun-05 16:46:38

if you have nothing in the cupboard plain old malt vinegar works well ,just soak some cotton wool and apply as a compress

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: