Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I've got face ache !

(6 Posts)
Tillyscoutsmum Tue 20-Oct-09 19:47:28

Honestly, the area around my cheeks, eye sockets, jaw/teeth and nose is in agony.

I'm pretty sure its sinus related but its been awful now for almost a week and its really getting me down. Its stopping me from sleeping and even eating is painful sad

Any other sufferers ? I am pg so have only been taking paracetamol. Does anyone know if a GP would prescribe something stronger (Ibuprofen perhaps ?), if I went to see them or is it a total no no ?

whomovedmychocolate Tue 20-Oct-09 19:49:24

No ibuprofen I'm afraid but you could have codeine perhaps. Do go see the doctor. Have you tried Olbas Oil in a bowl of boiling water (sniffing the steam I mean). Is it possible it's dental?

My sympathies, I had this recently with flu and you can't think straight when your face hurts can you?

Tillyscoutsmum Tue 20-Oct-09 19:57:30

Thank you. I have tried Olbas Oil and it does help but only for a little while after and then it starts hurting again. I don't think its dental - I've had a nasty cold and it seems to have started from there and spread down my face iyswim.

I just feel so pathetic - it just seems to be one thing after another at the moment sad

I'm one of these daft people who doesn't like "wasting" GP's time but I think I might try and get an appointment tomorrow

<<whinge whinge whinge>>

whomovedmychocolate Tue 20-Oct-09 20:00:16

Ah - now that's interesting. Do your ears hurt or are you finding it hard to balance? Sounds more like an ear infection than anything - go see the doctor, there are safe antibiotics that might clear this up in five days.

BibiBOO Tue 20-Oct-09 20:03:48

I had this when pg with the dts, sinus pain can be horrible. After suffering for over 2 weeks, I went to the Dr about my aching face and he gave me antibiotics straight away. I told him I'd not been sleeping because of the pain and when it got really bad I jsut sat there and cried and he told me off for not going sooner.
Hope you get something and feel better soon

Tillyscoutsmum Tue 20-Oct-09 20:09:30

No - its not as far over as my ears and no problems with balance/dizziness (but it does hurt more when I bend down hmm). Will definitely go to the docs though.

I think I had tonsillitis a couple of weeks ago but by the time I got round to making the appointment, I'd started to feel better so cancelled it. Do you think it could be the same bacteria causing a sinus infection ? And - I noticed Strep B bacteria causes a lot of these infections - is that the same Strep B that can cause issues with childbirth/newborns ?

Sorry - seem to have gone off on a tangent and will ask the GP but just wondered if anyone knew in the meantime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now