Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I think I am in line for the prize for "Most accident prone child/family". Can you steal it from me?

(5 Posts)
Milliways Tue 20-Oct-09 17:21:12

So far, since June, Ds has broken his wrist, then his Ulna and yesterday was in A&E with a possibly broken finger (they think badly sprained.)

He already had a reputation as lost 2 toe nails earlier in year, and had a severe back injury just over a year ago (broken leg was several years back so can discount.

This morning I sliced my finger badly on a dog food can [ouch! emiticon] but was sorted with steristrips.

I feel I have a family bench in A&E.

Come & reassure me that other families have it worse please

GhostlyPixieOnaPumpkin Tue 20-Oct-09 18:18:54

Oooh, I don't know that I can better that, but I'll try!
DD1 is constantly being injured with her ballet - she sprains something most weeks, and I have memorised the physio number!
DD2 broke her leg on some monkey bars a few weeks ago.
DS has broken both wrists at different times, broken fingers on both hands, had ingrowing toenails removed and dropped a bowl on his foot, shards of which had to be surgically removed.

Milliways Tue 20-Oct-09 21:31:21

Ouch! You have been busy too grin

It always seems to happen together though doesn't it? I am convinced the staff in A&E recognise us. "Oh, he's had a lot of X-Rays recently" was the last comment!

I will be getting a visit from the Social soon....

ElfOnTheTopShelf Tue 20-Oct-09 21:37:45

when dd was younger, she rolled off the bed and had to go to A&E. DH and I were cursing our stupidity for the fact she'd rolled off the bed; two days later she rolled off the changing table. Luckily DH caught her by her leg, but she had horrible burises on her leg of his fingers from where he'd grabbed her (better than the alternative of her hitting the floor though).
She went through a run of falling over everything / tripping etc etc. One day she was with the CM and she walked into the tailgate of a lorry and ended up with a black eye. So for the rest of the week I held her hand everywhere and on the way home one day, held her really tightly all the way until we got to my street when I let her go and let her run a bit. Until she tripped over her own two feet, bashed her face on the pavement and split her lip.

Our fave accident was when it was snowing, and I spent all morning lecturing DD to be careful where she was walking because it was slippery, we got out of the car to go to the CM and I warned her again, she got to the door safely, I put one foot out the car, slipped on the ice and hit my head on the pavement blush

Milliways Tue 20-Oct-09 23:11:19

Ok then, that's impressive - you win! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now