Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Recurrent acute nausea and dizziness

(4 Posts)
Aubergines Tue 20-Oct-09 12:40:34

Does anyone know what might cause recurrent attacks of acute nausea (sometimes accompanied by d and or v)? I have had this for the last 24 hours and I had it about 4 weeks ago and about 7 weeks before that. It is never accompanied by a fever so its seems unlikely to be a bug (I always get fevers with a bug). The nausea is so bad I cannot upon my mouth and I also have vertigo.

Any ideas?

punchandjudy Tue 20-Oct-09 12:44:55

None what so ever..but I have had recurrant bouts of v and d, about 6 times since the summer. Before then it was probably about 4 years ago since I last had a sickness bug.

I also have really bad stomach cramps that go with it.

So will watch with interest.

You're not pg are you??

Aubergines Tue 20-Oct-09 12:49:22

I also have the stomach cramps! And like you I used to only get stomach bugs every few years.

I am not pregnant. I'm very sure about that.

oxcat1 Tue 20-Oct-09 12:56:20

I had very similar symptoms and turned out to have developed Addison's Disease. This is very rare, so unlikely, but perhaps worth seeing your GP just to check your blood pressure, particularly when standing up?

Get well soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now