Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Thrush question

(12 Posts)
manitz Mon 19-Oct-09 21:27:26

hi, i think i have thrush again. I have taken the oral pill snd am waiting for it to work but it seems so frequent i could do with some advice about how to avoid it.

First i'm not sure it's thrush. i have a grade one cystocele and rectocele. I have a feeling like my cervix/vagina are burning and it's itchy. it makes me think i need a wee butnoting comes out when I get to the loo. I think it's thrush but because i'm so paranoid it makes me think i'm having a full-on prolapse.

Could it be antying else?
Why does recurr?
any advice welcome

Sholi Mon 19-Oct-09 21:35:58

You sometimes get in acycle of being run down so you can't shake it. Bets thing ever told was to wear cotton granny pants and give up g strings and tight clothes- mind you all my clothes too tight now! Go and see your GP to get a swab to make sure it is thrush. Good luck

PacificWerewolfwoohood Mon 19-Oct-09 21:39:17

Get thee to Gp, woman.

Could be any number of things including recurring thrush.

You need to be examined, probably need vaginal swab taken and then treated appropriately.

Get diagnosis confirmed before you carry on doctoring yourself.
smile

manitz Mon 19-Oct-09 21:41:46

I honestly don't think its g strings that are causing it, i dont even look at that section of the shop its granny pants all the way. i was wondering if it was my body geting back to normal after bf for a year?? like an acidity thing.

manitz Mon 19-Oct-09 21:51:10

have an internal roughly once a week. had one at gp about a month ago and swabs taken all clear apart from thrush. was at gynae last tues but swabs not taken but had a good look and nowt wrong. was kind of hoping for a week without a stranger's face in my groin. guessing all that fiddling and ky cant be doing me much good also.

PacificWerewolfwoohood Mon 19-Oct-09 22:01:12

Ah. Well, recurring thrush then, treatment either orally or vaginally for prolonged period of time, cotton granny knickers, lose clothing, not too much washing down below, cut down on sugar/simple carbohydrates etc etc.

alypaly Tue 20-Oct-09 00:03:45

if you are having that many examinations ,could you be slightly allergic to latex gloves. I had a similar feeling after having a recent loop diathermy

copycat Tue 20-Oct-09 10:46:09

Hi manitz, could you also have cystitis? The sensation of really needing a wee and then not being able to go is a common sympton (well for me anyway). Maybe your GP needs to test a urine sample or send one off? I really hope you feel better soon.

manitz Tue 20-Oct-09 21:21:49

thank you. i hadn't known about the recurring thrush thing before. I will continue to treat and also drink loads of water etc as for cystitis. I also got my period today and think that might be an issue, like i get thrush at certain times of the month. Thanks for all the advice

8oreighty Tue 20-Oct-09 21:24:23

I do this post about once a month...but I found salvation on mumsnet from my thrush problem...check out candida.co.uk...it's a bigger problem than simply thrush -- yeast is...Also Threelac is brilliant at getting rid of it. yeast also causes cystitis...

alypaly Tue 20-Oct-09 21:51:44

have you treated your DP as it will get passed back and forth if you have it. men are asymptomatic more often than not,so you wouldnt know if he had it. Most men dont know they have it unless its bad.

manitz Wed 21-Oct-09 21:53:36

Thanks. will look at candida site. me and dh aren't gonna be passing much between us at the moment. hopefully that'll get a bit more likely once i get this sorted and when we finally catch up that sleep! once that becomes an issue again i'll make sure he gets treated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now