Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does anyone else struggle with juggling work and baby??!!

(5 Posts)
carlyj Mon 19-Oct-09 17:52:36

Hi,

This is my first time on here so bear with me!
My dd is 15mths and has sickness/diarrhoea bug, took her to docs this morning and been given rehydration sachets. However she is projectile vomiting even with water! sad Am meant to be at work tomorrow (am a dental nurse) but obviously nursery won't take her, so have arranged cover and thought that would be fine. Just rang my manager who has made me feel so guilty as "It's not ideal" and have been told she might still ring me in the morning to come in! shock
I just feel so fed up, feels like it's just too much hard work but obviously need the money.
Sorry for long rant but just wondered if anyone feels in the same position xx

RainRainGoAway Mon 19-Oct-09 17:56:45

Yes, its horrible. Torn both ways. The only thing is, the practice may not be able to 'manage' without you, but your baby can't.

carlyj Mon 19-Oct-09 18:21:44

That's true and dd wins every time, I just wish they'd be more understanding. It's not as if I was a slacker, I hardly ever took a day off sick! Thanks for the reply.

RainRainGoAway Mon 19-Oct-09 18:37:32

The fact that you have arranged cover is something the manager should thank you for as most dental nurses wouldn't have been quite so considerate. You sound like a very good DN! smile

carlyj Mon 19-Oct-09 18:58:08

Bless you, it's the years of experience! Thank you so much for your kind words, they've helped to make me feel a bit happier smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now