Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Depo Provera and menstruating

(6 Posts)
willitjustfinishalready Mon 19-Oct-09 15:33:05

I'm on Depo Provera at the moment, coming up to about the 10th week after having the injection. For the past four weeks I have been having a really mild period, tiny amounts, but doing my head in.

Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this? I'm going to see the doctor next week, but I was wondering if I should try and bring the appointment forward. I have read that you can have bleeding, I just haven't managed to find out about anything like this.

Seona1973 Mon 19-Oct-09 15:56:38

I was the same. I tried getting my next injection but it never calmed down and I just kept spotting for the next 12 weeks as well. I never went back for another one and used different conbtraception instead.

p.s. it also made me put on a ton of weight.

kittycatty Mon 19-Oct-09 21:39:48

As soon as i had my first injection my periods stopped completely, bliss grin

CarGirl Mon 19-Oct-09 21:43:25

My experience was like Seona, spotted for ages and ages and ages and put on a ton of weight - about 2 stone!

willitjustfinishalready Tue 20-Oct-09 09:36:17

When I first had it, two months of period-free bliss. And then this started. I haven't gained any weight (actually lost some, but that's more due to giving up cake than anything else). I want to go back to the blissful period-free days!

Cakesandale Tue 20-Oct-09 11:24:35

I think the spotting indicates that you need to bring the next injection forward - ie you are running low on whatever it is they shove in. I had this for the first few injections then it settled down (am off it totally now but that is a different story, nothing to do with the jab). Am taking heart from the weight gain stories though - maybe that's my excuse!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now