Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

pain in feet

(9 Posts)
sarah293 Sun 18-Oct-09 13:42:07

Message withdrawn

Doodlez Sun 18-Oct-09 13:46:10

Riven, DH was told last week that he was flat-footed and it was suggested he went to Decathlon to buy inserts, which he did, yesterday.

So far, so good! Although he says he feels like he's walking in high heals <how would he know that? hmm)

Doodlez Sun 18-Oct-09 13:48:06

Just thought of something else - when I was younger, I worked in a job that meant I had to attend trade exhibitions for days on end. Feet would be killing me until I discovered gel filled inserts - bloody marvellous! grin

sarah293 Sun 18-Oct-09 14:23:00

Message withdrawn

Doodlez Sun 18-Oct-09 18:40:40

gel insoles

Riven, Decathlon is a big sportswear chain. DH bought insoles called Shock-Stoppers but I think there are loads on the market.

sarah293 Sun 18-Oct-09 19:01:46

Message withdrawn

CMOTdibbler Sun 18-Oct-09 19:41:49

I was getting a lot of foot pain - went along to local chiropodist and he peered at my feet and pronounced that I was turning my feet over (they don't need to be flat necessarily) and fitted me with some insoles. Made a huge difference, and it was a total of 45 quid for the insoles, chipping away at my hard skin, freezing a verucca and a general foot tidy

sarah293 Sun 18-Oct-09 19:45:12

Message withdrawn

CMOTdibbler Sun 18-Oct-09 20:34:16

You can be referred, but I think in most areas it's pretty hard to get referred unless you have diabetes (and in my parents case that was't until dads feet were in serious danger).

That said, my friend has had orthotics custom made on the NHS for her plantar fascitis, but I think that went through orthopaedics.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now