Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone had back surgery?

(2 Posts)
pacinofan Sat 17-Oct-09 15:05:39

Have an ongoing back problem, last MRI scan showed a prolapsed disc causing sciatica down one side. Fast forward 15 months, it's back, this time down both sides but more prominent on right. Also experiencing very, very slight water incontinence, although consultant and physios are betting this is due to age, having kids etc. No numbness in legs, etc.

Now waiting for MRI scan, consultant has spoken to me about the possibility of surgery if necessary. Hoping this is not the case, but if it is, anyone had surgery on their backs for this type of thing? Hate the idea of being reliant on others for the everyday things we take for granted - I understand that I would need help for around 8 weeks.

juggling Sat 17-Oct-09 16:59:42

im awaiting back surgery.i tried the epidural pain relief, but i ended up worse. The recovery is 2months for lumbar discectomy, but you should be walking the day after surgery.driving is not advised for 3 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now