Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sinus problems and pg - what can I do?

(4 Posts)
bryony77 Sat 17-Oct-09 12:43:53

Have had a v bad cold for getting on 3 weeks now and since Wed have had awful headache which gets so much worse when I bend down or cough and - from yesterday - even move about. Seen doctor who has given me Amoxicillin course but I'm 22 wks pg so can't take any of the usual Sudafed or whatever. Any remedies I could try? (I also have a 2.5yo DD who, it has to be said, isn't helping so idea of standing with head over bowl of hot water for half an hour not that feasible)

MegBusset Sat 17-Oct-09 12:48:40

I had this over last Xmas when pg -- not fun. My stepsister who is a GP said I could try beconase nasal spray to reduce the inflammation, you might want to double-check this with your doc though.

The ABs sorted it v quickly, I hope yours clears up soon too!

CantSleepWontSleep Sat 17-Oct-09 12:50:55

Oh I suffered terribly with this through both of my pregnancies. You can use a saline spray up your nose, but I never found it that pleasant or helpful, as my blockage was clearly above my eye socket.

CantSleepWontSleep Sat 17-Oct-09 12:51:31

Oh, I did find that 4Head stick helped a tiny bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now