Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone got any experience on yasmin pill?

(4 Posts)
sunmonkey Thu 15-Oct-09 22:52:47

I had a baby nearly 18 months ago and used to take Mycrogynon 30. when I stopped bfeeding a few months ago I had a Mirena coil inserted. I hated it and had about three people ask me if I was pregnant due to the bloating i experienced. I had that taken out and went on the Mycrogynon 30 again. However, i find that every month before my period I get swollen gums or mouth ulcers and a painful jaw. I've been to the dentist and have no problems. I went to the doctors last week and she recommended switching pill to the Yasmin.
However, I've read some things about it and wondered if anyone who uses it has experienced problems, ie nausea, depression etc. I'd be v grateful, thanks

iamaLeafontheWind Fri 16-Oct-09 12:31:49

I loved Yasmin! Obviously only personal experience but i lost weight, had better skin and (interestingly) was less paranoid than when i was on Mycrogynon.I think Yasmin is quite a bit more expensive too.

sunmonkey Fri 16-Oct-09 12:47:11

Thank you for the reassurance. I guess if you read all the side effects on all of them, they are almost the same. My sister in law also had a good experience from it.

ParisFrog Fri 16-Oct-09 12:49:37

I'm on Yasminelle (sp?) which is the sister of Yasmin, but is supposed to cause you less bloating etc than Yasmin. Have been on it for years, as has my friend with NO side effects at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now