Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I had a bug yesterday, DD has it today - I am amazed at how our symptoms matched

(6 Posts)
Katymac Thu 15-Oct-09 20:29:19

I had D&V, temp & shaking, cystitis/thrush-like symptoms then I got all panicky, my heart pounding, almost hysterical

About 28hrs later DD has followed the whole thing symptom by symptom including the 'panicky bit'

Poor sausage is so upset

It was the emotional element that scared me so much - I thought I was really ill

I have calmed DD down & she is asleep but it was scary

whomovedmychocolate Thu 15-Oct-09 20:31:13

How funny! How old is she? High temp can cause panic and shaking btw, it's not that unusual and certainly nothing to worry about unduly.

I can't actually remember ten days ago when I had the flu, I've lost about six days. DH tells me I was a bit loopy though (crying and shaking and being sick, the whole bit). Don't remember anything shock

Katymac Thu 15-Oct-09 21:01:28

I thought it odd

I was so upset I made a Dr appt for me which when I arrived (I had calmed down) I quite obviously didn't need

& poor DD was so upset tonite - I suddenly realised it was just like I was yesterday lunchtime - so I cuddled her and tried to keep her calm - she is 11

whomovedmychocolate Fri 16-Oct-09 06:00:17

Oh dear They do pick up a lot of queues from us though, were you perhaps saying 'does your head hurt' etc. and feeding her symptoms (not consciously obviously)

Hope she feels better soon anyway. Is there anyone else left whose turn it is today? <avoids Katymac's household just in case>

whomovedmychocolate Fri 16-Oct-09 06:00:36

cues, not queues <tired>

Katymac Fri 16-Oct-09 08:17:45

grin....possibly queues we have closed today as everyone is poorly sad

I may have done - but I didn't do much caring for he - DH did

She is much better today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now