Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Painful spot on eyelid

(6 Posts)
ilovemy2babies Thu 15-Oct-09 20:03:58

Just wondered if anyone can help. I woke up on wednesday morning and my eye was all swollen in the inside corner. When i touched my eyelid there was like a hard pea sized lump there, i thought i was a spot because ive got a spot thats formed just above it.

Anyway went to bed on last night and thought when i woke up this morning the lump would have a yellow top like a spot head on it and the pain would have gone, but no my eye was swollen again the lump is still there and half of my eyelid is red.

Anyone know what it is?

Drooper Thu 15-Oct-09 21:42:08

Could it be a chalazion?

www.patient.co.uk/health/Chalazion.htm

Would see GP tomorrow if still sore.Sounds uncomfortable!

alypaly Thu 15-Oct-09 23:38:18

its sounds like drooper says. I had one and i had to have it surgically removed as nothing got rid of it. Go to the docs and get some chloramphenicol ASap to stop the gland from blocking up. Does it have a tiny head on it and does it throb.
Try warm water on cotton wool to try and open up the gland and wash eyelid with johnsons baby shampoo.

ABetaDad Thu 15-Oct-09 23:38:20

It sounds like a stye. I get them when run down or lack sleep.

A GP when I was a child told me to treat a stye by getting some hot salty water on cotton wool put it directly on the 'head' and draw the spot until it bursts. It will hurt but make the water as hot as you can stand but not scalding.

Be very careful not to spread it to your other eye or your family on towels etc.

You may need to go to the GP and get some antibiotic ointment.

alypaly Thu 15-Oct-09 23:41:26

hello ABD..still goin strong...gall bladder giving me no probs anymore,eating jal frezis,cream,so much better,just the odd twinge( slightly unnerving at times but good in the main)....hows yours....sorry for the hi jack ilovemy2babies

ABetaDad Fri 16-Oct-09 07:15:59

Hi there Alypaly. smile

Its been very good of late until I went and ate some chineese food with goodness knows what in it last week. Won't be doing that again. shock

Been cooking my own Gluten free bread which is great and not missing normal bread or milk now at all. I now know that when I do accidentally eat dairy or gluten I feel really ill. Proves to me that a lot of my symptoms apart from the gall bladder were that.

Glad to hear you are doing well. WOW! I cannot believe you can get a Jal Frezi and creamy things down you - that would surely kill me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now