Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this normal?

(5 Posts)
FABIsInTraining Wed 14-Oct-09 14:16:42

2 weeks ago I had a hysteroscopy and had some polys removed in hospital. My period is now late. Not by much, and DH has had the snip, but I am wondering it anything has been unsettled.

bunnybunyip Wed 14-Oct-09 18:37:04

I think this is normal, the lining of the womb will have been disturbed by the procedure so as there is no chance of pregnancy I wouldn't worry about it. I am a GP by the way. Hope this helps.

FABIsInTraining Wed 14-Oct-09 18:46:06

Thank you for that . When will I have a period?

And while I have you, is this right - I rang for my results today. I assumed there would be some as I had a biopsy taken. No one said anything about what to do at the hospital but MIL asked me if I had them so I figured I should ring. No results at the surgery and they told me to ring the hospital. I was told that wasn't right and the GP should be ringing. I explained that he wouldn't be ringing for results as he doesn't know I had a biopsy. I have left a message for the doctor's secretary and will have to see if she calls me.

bunnybunyip Thu 15-Oct-09 10:18:42

Hello again.
Period could come at any time I reckon, may even be a month or two.
As a GP I don't usually receive results until after you have been back for a follow up appointment, or if you don't need follow up then the consultant should write you a letter with the results. Often it takes 2 weeks for the consultant to get the results back from the lab, so he/she may just be receiving them now and then should you know. The secretary should know the procedure but they are notoriously rubbish at calling back so I would ring again if you haven't heard in a few days.
I wouldn't worry too much as if it was polyps they are very unlikely to be anything nasty.

FABIsInTraining Fri 16-Oct-09 17:58:48

It came. 1 day late. blush

I must get it into my head I will never be pregnant again.

The hospital rang today and I have an appointment in Dec but will call me if they need to bring me in sooner. She didn't have the results yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now