Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Please come and talk to me .

(2 Posts)
Cometrickortreatingwithme Wed 14-Oct-09 11:00:13

I have had a sore throat /croaky voice for a week now not really painful but not nice.

I saw the gp yesterday and he diagnosed laryngtis <sp?>. I have been given ab's and a throat spray.

Still feel crap I have two massive lumps either side of my neck and I just ate some cereal and I got all clogged up with gunk (sorry TMI).

The gp has told me I can't speak at all and it is impossible with 6 dc and a dp who keeps asking me to repeat myself if I whisper.

I am so knackered and tired but feel nothing is hurting I just tried to tidy up and had to sit down because I got so worn out after 5 mins.

Feel like shit and scared I would like to be better now please .

sagan Wed 14-Oct-09 11:07:39

I don't want to scare you but I would go for a second opinion. I was diagnosed as having laringitus about 3 or 4 years ago and was refused antibiotics even thogh I was very used to throat infections and knew that this one was bad. I ended up going ot the surgery 2 days running askign them to take me seriously. On the third day I woke up unable to breathe as my throat was so swollen and had to call an ambulance (thank god I had a landline then as I couldn't even speak to tell them where I was, they could locate me from my number.) I ended up in hospital with a suspected quinsey, and had big syringes stuck in my throat shock. Throat infections can turn bad pretty quickly ime, and only you know if this needs to be seen to again. One quick tip is that Merocaine lozenges will numb your mouth making swallowing a bit more comfortable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now