Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

bleeding twice a month - any advice?

(5 Posts)
gingernutlover Tue 13-Oct-09 20:25:59

hi all

i am having reall problems with spotting and breakthrough bleeding while on the pill, for about a year now

but i have realised that it has now settled into a pattern of a bleed every 2 weeks, alternate pnes being heavy like a proper period. But the wierd thing is that i get the PMT symptoms twice as well

Its making me feel like crap and the doctor just keeos giving me the whole, it takes time for you to settle down on diffeerent pills thing. I have treid 2 different pills and it is still happening

anyone else experienced this at all?

whomovedmychocolate Tue 13-Oct-09 20:55:56

How old are you? Could you be perimenopausal? Are your smears up to date? All bleeding outside the norm should be investigated by a gynaecologist not a GP. Ask to be referred for a review.

Seona1973 Tue 13-Oct-09 22:32:32

is it the mini-pill? I had periods every 2 weeks with femulen and micronor. I switched to cerazette mini-pill and havent had a period for over 18 months now.

PurpleBloodStainedDeathPillow Tue 13-Oct-09 22:35:17

My periods were like that until I was diagnosed with thyroid problems.

I would ask the dr to test you for that (at least it would rule it out)

Cadelaide Tue 13-Oct-09 22:40:13

I've started to bleed like this too gingernutlover, for about four months now, and like your situation it seems to be settling into a (maddening) pattern.

I'm on micronor, btw, and possibly perimenopausal at 44?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now