Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

anyone have any knowledge of putting weight on when on the pill?

(3 Posts)
mad4myboys Tue 13-Oct-09 14:58:44

i was on cerazette before pg with 10month old ds2, had no problems. Lost most of baby weight, been on cerazette again now 3 months and i have put on 1/2 stone. The only time i have ever put on weight is pg. My sister said prob the pill. Could it have done this even though it didnt last time? If so, im coming off pill in january as dh had the snip last month, how quick will i lose this weight or will i have to work at it?

herecomesthesun Tue 13-Oct-09 17:16:14

Hi there, yes have put on half a stone in the past when on the pill and unfortunately can't remember how easily I lost it. Yasmin is the pill to be on that doesn't make you put on any weight although docs are sometimes reluctant to prescribe because is more expensive than others.

I would say half a stone would be easy to lose though, cut out fats and stick to fruit veg and protein.

mad4myboys Tue 13-Oct-09 18:39:58

so do i try to lose it now or is there no point until im off it:?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: