Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

athletes foot..

(12 Posts)
maybebaby23 Tue 13-Oct-09 13:54:46

Hi,

Can i use clotrimozole 1% for athletes foot? Or do you need the other stuff, daktarin is it?? Im also pregnant is it suitable? Thanks

seeyounexttuesday Tue 13-Oct-09 20:57:13

I'm fucked if I know but this will give you a bump. Oh grin I see you have a bump already! smile

KnickersandVests Tue 13-Oct-09 20:59:37

Clotrimazole is for thrush, daktarin is for athletes.

Should be alright in pregnancy. Maybe check with pharmacist first if you're really worried.

RainbowJelly Tue 13-Oct-09 21:01:18

best cure???

please don't laugh.....

stand in the shower, and pee on your feet.

It works i promise wink

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Tue 13-Oct-09 21:01:36

Bizarrely, they all say not to use if pregnant (or rather 'consult your doctor if pregnant')

Lamisil Once is superb though. The only thing that's ever worked IME. Not suitable when pregnant without doctor's advice mind you.

RainbowJelly Tue 13-Oct-09 21:03:17

besides, after you have had the baby and your muscles are shot, you'll be peeing on your feet anyway grin

note:
more pelvic floors please.... and squeeze.....

grin

alypaly Tue 13-Oct-09 21:46:49

clotrimazole is fine for athletes foot...it as anti fungal used for tinea infections ie athletes foot and and tinea cruris...it is also used for candida commonly known as thrush.
It is prescribed during pregnancy too.

Daktarin is miconazole ...they are both from the same family of drugs...the imadozoles..hope this helps

alypaly Tue 13-Oct-09 21:47:37

spelled it wrong sorry...should read my posts...imidazoles oooops

maybebaby23 Wed 14-Oct-09 11:05:53

LOL grin thanks everyone Im so looking forward to the state of my pelvic floor after this pregnancy, thanks for reminding me LOL!

Ah ive heard lamisil once is the best..DD has some clotrimazole cream for thrush atm so thats why i asked about that, hoping we can sort both our problems with one tube of cream

Thanks alypaly!

janmoomoo Wed 14-Oct-09 17:49:44

Washing twice a day with tea tree oil worked for me.

Eaglebird Wed 14-Oct-09 23:34:13

Tea tree oil cleared up my athlete's foot a treat.

maybebaby23 Thu 15-Oct-09 09:57:30

Ah tea tree oil, i didn't know that! Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now