Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Coil advice needed please

(3 Posts)
pwcbird Mon 12-Oct-09 11:35:51

Just had ds2 (now 8 weeks) and GP suggesting I use the coil for contraception. I like the idea as not keen to go back on the pill but have never used the coil before. Also GP has not advised me on a preference between non hormone copper or hormone mirena (she says it's my choice). Looking at the info it seems Ii have a choice of either no hormones but heavy, painful periods or hormones that make me spotty/moody/put on weight but light/no period! Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

bargainhuntingbetty Mon 12-Oct-09 11:37:15

There are lots and lots of old threads on this subject,I researched them before gettin my coil fitted in Feb. Go and have a look some interesting views

InMyLittleHead Mon 12-Oct-09 13:38:15

I think it just depends on the individual as to which type is better. I have a copper one, and although it did make my periods a bit heavier (they are easing off now after 6 months) it didn't make them massively more painful and they are not any longer. I think if you generally have 'easy' periods, i.e. not excessively heavy, long, painful or irregular, the copper coil doesn't make that much difference to them. I also really like the no-hormone aspect. If it doesn't suit, you can have it taken out whenever you like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now