Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Could anyone tell me what these chest pains I am getting are.

(5 Posts)
insertwittynicknameHERE Sun 11-Oct-09 19:27:36

I keep getting pains in different places but all in my chest region IYSWIM. They are not there all of the time and when they do happen it is like it is 'catching' me. The pain is quite severe and I have to stop what I am doing and I cannot breath in or get a full breath. Then the pain goes.

My GP is beyond crap TBH so I really do not want to have to go to the GP.

It is the same as the pain I experienced a few hours after I had had DD2 (10 weeks ago now). My consultant thought it could have been a pulmonary embolism (sp?) and put me on celexane (sp?) the blood thinning injections. He sent me for a chest xray and a scan where I had to have some radioactive (at least I think it was, they said I couldn't BF DD for at least 12 hours afterward's due to the radioactivity in my system) substance injected into me so they could scan my blood vessels.
ALl the tests came back fine.

I do have a congenitive heart defect (enlarged heart and leaking valve) but I only just recently saw my cardiologist and everything is fine with that also.

TBH it is scaring me now as it is happening several times a day.

SmallSCREAMCap Sun 11-Oct-09 19:29:47

I think that we could suggest all sorts of things, but only a visit to the GP would be of any use here...

insertwittynicknameHERE Sun 11-Oct-09 19:41:42

Thanks, think I will have to look at changing GP's.

Northernlurker Sun 11-Oct-09 19:50:37

So had you had this when you saw the cardiologist last or has it happened since?

lubblyjubblies Sun 11-Oct-09 20:33:32

Definately agree with seeking medical help, but have at look at the symptoms of precordial catch syndrome. Both myself and my sister experience this and it is really really painful but is harmless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now