Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this flu? Im hoping its just a cold

(7 Posts)
mosschops30 Sun 11-Oct-09 12:45:18

Am 36 weeks pg so a bit paranoid about it being flu/swine flu and would rather know earlier so I can get some good drugs grin

dd has had a confirmed case of SF last week in school, she has been ill all week with runny nose and chesty cough but no temp.
ds has had really high temp for 2 days but no other symptoms and is fine now.

Ive had a scratchy throat now for 2 days and today have sneezing fits and runny nose. No cough and as yet no temp although boiling hot and sitting here in a vest!

So I was wondering if it was flu, do you get the cold symptoms first followed by flu stuff (aching/temp etc) or would I know it was flu from the beginning.

TIA smile

maybebaby23 Sun 11-Oct-09 12:52:16

Im 28 weeks and feeling the same The scratchy throat is awful and i have a terrible cough too No idea if it is flu but i hope not! Get well soon!

mmrred Sun 11-Oct-09 13:02:37

I had swine flu a couple of weeks ago - it came on really fast with high temp before any other symptoms other than feeling achy and I was completely knocked out, was difficult to get out of bed to the loo in the first couple of days.

EccentricaGallumbats Sun 11-Oct-09 13:06:55

if it was flu you wouldn't be able to sit at the computer. so probably 'only' a cold.

mosschops30 Sun 11-Oct-09 14:58:29

smile yes I know flu wipes you out so you cannot even move, but I just wondered if I was likely to have the cold symptoms first?

thanks mmrred from your post it would appear that the high temp is the main thing to keep an eye on, which I dont have. I hope youre fully recovered now, how was the swine flu? Any worse than normal flu?

mmrred Sun 11-Oct-09 17:07:17

Actually still feel a bit under the weather but loads better than I was for the first week, thanks.

I've only had flu once before, about 5 years ago and that was worse - but then again, we were moving house so total nightmare, and I still smoked then, so my chest was worse.

For me, worst thing with swine flu was the aching - I really felt some days like I'd been beaten up!

Hope you are feeling OK and you haven't developed the temp etc.

Bucharest Sun 11-Oct-09 17:21:59

Only had flu once in my life- and had no cold symptoms whatsoever, just the aches and fatigue to the point I couldn't get out of bed.
So, prob a cold. No fun though when you're that pg...hope it clears up soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now