Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Any back specialists out there please?

(2 Posts)
pacinofan Sun 11-Oct-09 10:25:07

I have a severe ongoing back problem that an MRI scan 15 months ago has shown to be a prolapsed disc. Last time it happened it took 9 months to gradually get better, and it's back again, but this time the pain is in both legs rather than just one, but a bit worse in right leg. Also have some pain when I turn my head left or right and some shoulder pain. I can walk, but am not completely upright, although am not as stooped as 3 weeks ago. GP has prescribed cocodamol, naproxen and a mild sedative. Have not taken sedative (diazepam).

Saw a physio on Friday who is worried that it may not be just a disc prob but that there be damage to spinal cord. I am totally freaked out, crying buckets, and frankly very, very scared. Have been referred to orthopaedic clinic but appt not until December. Feeling desperate - anybody offer advice? I am getting so much conflicting advice don't know what to do or think.

WobblyPig Sun 11-Oct-09 19:45:48

Becuase it is in both legs you need to be seen immediately. Do you have any loss of feeling? Any disturbance in bowel or bladder function? You need to go back to your GP this week - ask for a full neurological examination and a speedier appointment.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: