Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone got any good remedys for hayfever?

(12 Posts)
mumalone Fri 10-Jun-05 16:33:14

Ive tried almost every brand in the chemist and I still suffer from it. Has anyone got any suggestions??

jessicasmummy Fri 10-Jun-05 16:33:52

i wish.... im pg and was at the docs this morning and all she could give me was Rhinocort and Sodium Cromoglicate

littlerach Fri 10-Jun-05 16:54:51

There was athgreda on this the other day, someone suggestde locally produced honey - something to do with eating the pollen.....I don't know!!

mumalone Fri 10-Jun-05 17:39:13

I heard about eating honey a while ago, i havent gave that one a go yet.I certainly will though, i ll try anything. Poor you JM hayfever is just not funny, even worse when you cant take anything. Have you tried any herbal remedys or will they not be suitable?

swiperfox Fri 10-Jun-05 17:42:40

THe honey thing is apparently true. It has to be very local though so that you eat the local pollens and become 'immune' to them.

I hate hayfever. I've had it terribly since I was about 6 and it ruins the summer!! Have tried and tested anything and everything and find nothing helps - haven't tried anything herbal - might be worth a shot........

Trixie1 Fri 10-Jun-05 17:48:07

mumalone, i get the touch of hayfever, you know, sneezing, itchy throat. vaseline on tip of cotton bud and give each nostril and swipe inside. works for me!!!

jessicasmummy Fri 10-Jun-05 17:51:22

havent tried anything.... havent had a problem til yesterday and it hit with a vengence!

mumalone Fri 10-Jun-05 17:55:09

I shall go out tomorrow and buy vasaline, cotton buds and honey, i ll give anything a try, might buy some tenalady as well for my sneezing fits!!!. swiperfox i agree hayfever certainly does ruin the summer.

Trixie1 Fri 10-Jun-05 17:58:02

Hey dont get me on what ruins our summers. If the hayfever dont get yer the blinking wasps do, if they dont get you the midges bite yer bum and just to finish yer off it blooming well rains!!!!!

mumalone Fri 10-Jun-05 18:02:56

lol trixie, your so right!! I would say roll on christmas but i cant stand the christmas shopping part.

jampots Fri 10-Jun-05 18:04:40

I find neo-clarityn works a treat - only available on prescription though. Also just for the record there's something in apples which is a natural anti-histamine so get eating them!

mumalone Fri 10-Jun-05 18:12:16

I ll add apples to my shopping list then!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now