Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Just really sore any ideas??

(6 Posts)
nellynaemates Sat 10-Oct-09 14:01:05

Had a virus this week (or I presume a virus) main symptoms at first were just pain in my chest and back, lethargy and severe headache. Couldn't take a deep breath without a feeble cough which made me feel sick, but not chest infection, not a hacking cough or anything.

Yesterday I woke up with really really sore left tonsil (I'm prone to tonsil infection -don't know whether you'd call it tonsilitis, never been to doc for it) and ear, throat etc. Today, tonsil/ear still sore and really bad general pain through torso - from bottom of my stomach up to my breastbone and all down my spine.

It's very very weird, I don't even have a sniffly nose! But I was reduced to tears earlier when 2 year old ds jumped on me to play horsey horsey! I've taken ibuprofen and paracetamol so feeling a wee bit more human just now but just wondered if anyone had any ideas??

There is a possibility my torso pain is muscular rather than viral - if I sleep with my arms up beside my head (baby style) it causes me severe pain in the morning, unfortuantely I seem to move into that position in my sleep. This didn't happen before ds so have wondered if it might be something to do with pregnancy/caesarean.

Anyhoo, any thoughts welcomed greatly.

Sorry, it's longer than I intended.

LowLevelWhingeing Sat 10-Oct-09 14:03:34

You know what you have to do...

thirtysomething Sat 10-Oct-09 14:05:36

agree. get thee to a GP or phone NHS direct to be on the safe side....no idea and highly likely tis just a virus but could be some kind of chest infection/pleuresy or a whole host of other ailments. At very least you may need something for your tonsils.

maybebaby23 Sat 10-Oct-09 14:39:33

I had tonsilitis a few years ago and i have never ever felt so rough. My whole body was affected, i was so sore i couldn't be touched at all. It was hideous. The sorest throat ever, banging headache, stiff neck and aching limbs. Also had conjunctivitus in both eyes at same time! I walked around like a zombie with my scarf wrapped right round my neck. Maybe you have this? I agree see your GP out of hours. Hope you feel better soon!

alypaly Sat 10-Oct-09 21:43:19

I agree that it could be a bit of pleurisy or possibly a low grade pneumonia if it hurts on inspiration. Do you have a temperature

nellynaemates Sun 11-Oct-09 01:25:40

Thanks very much for the replies ladies.

I have to say I'm feeling rather better than I did earlier, and actually beginning to wonder if the painkillers I've taken in the past few days may have had something to do with my sore abdomen.

It doesn't hurt when I inhale, when I first felt ill it was more that I couldn't take a deep breath without coughing. That's almost gone now so as I said, not worried about a chest/lung infection.

Think my major problem is my tonsils (also probably have an impacted wisdom teeth issue going on which won't help) and perhaps I should go and see the doc about that as it's happening fairly regularly.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you all for your replies, it's good to get some other opinions. I will phone doc and probably dentist on Monday!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now