Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Endometriosis

(2 Posts)
mananny Fri 09-Oct-09 21:23:00

I was diagnosed with this in my early 20's after multiple passing out from the pain incidences plus other TMI problems. I had an implant for 6 months which turned me into a 4 stone heavier psycho bitch from hell, three laser laps in nearly 7 years, two different pills (see implant) and all manner of different pain killers, none of which solved the problem and one of which I could easily have becme addicted to if I hadn't said to my consultant do NOT give this to me again... fast forward to the present day: I have been relatively symptom free for the last 3 years aside from progressively worse and more painful periods and now I can feel my insides "sticking" again like they did before the last lap I had and I am soooooooo ridiculously stressed out over it! I have just started a new job, my life is going well, I am crazy busy. I do NOT have time to be ill again, to need surgery etc, and I am freaking out about it as it's all beyond my control! I have a retroverted uterus and it leans against some of my bowel and that's where I stick together with endo tissue. Not pleasant, very painful, and potentially dangerous. The fact I feel it is not good and I have got a really bad case of denial going on. Has anyone else got endo in similar locations to mine? What are my options now? I cannot keep having a laser lap every 2-4 years? Ugh, I am so upset. And I am in another country where I have to start again with a whole new healthcare sysytem and Dr and all that. And I work practically 6 days a week. I only just started this job in August and I like it dammit. I do not want to deal with this now!!!!!!!!

<and breath>

(Sorry for the rant, I do feel a little better now)

murphyslaw Fri 09-Oct-09 21:46:53

you poor thing sad I am an endo sufferer but not to the extent of yours.

Get yourself a good gynae and fast you cant stick your head in the sand with this.

Alter your diet - have you read the book by Dian Shepperson Mills. Invaluable advice and it really does work. Above all do not get stressed out - I know thats easier said than done.

I wish you all the best smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now