Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can you buy those waterproof plaster of Paris covers over the counter?

(4 Posts)
herbietea Fri 09-Oct-09 20:16:31

Message withdrawn

Eaglebird Fri 09-Oct-09 23:33:56

Hi. I didn't know there was such a thing as waterproof plaster covers. DS had his arm in plaster for 2 weeks, and I just put a carrier bag over the plaster at bath-time each evening, and used microporous dressing tape to tape the open end of the bag to his arm to prevent water seeping in. Worked a treat. The microporous tape doesn't pull the skin when you remove it, so it didn't hurt.
Hope your DS is ok.

Doodlez Fri 09-Oct-09 23:35:32

Yes, I'm sure you can. I think I've seen them at Sainsbury's pharmacy near us (It's quite a big one). I think Boots do them too but less sure about it.

alypaly Sat 10-Oct-09 21:46:54

any pharmacy can order them ,they come indifferent sizes for different limbs and they can get them in within 24 hours of ordering.
Meanwhile ,use a bin bag or smaller flip top bin liner and buy some Mefix tape to seal it onto the arm whilst showering

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now