Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

worried spot in mouth ...

(15 Posts)
mumof2000 Fri 09-Oct-09 17:25:02

anyone els had this ? im missing 2 lower left teeth and am often biting my cheek ..looked in mouth last mon to find area where i bit , just next to it same area little white spot/ patch ,when i close mouth looks in line with bite , cold this be scar tissue ?

worried may be MC ... i went to dentist who is very good said 99.9 o/o sure its where iv been biting and will see me in 2 weeks as it should go ...he also said its not presenting to him with MC carictoristics , lump , swelling at jaw , and doesnt think i should worry ...i suffer with health anxiety so this i find very hard ...

just wondered if any one els had similar thing happen , im not sleeping much and fel a wreck ...

loopylou6 Fri 09-Oct-09 22:25:14

Yup, ive been where you are now, and is till have it, i think it is deffo scar tissue, try not to worry smile

jasper Fri 09-Oct-09 22:27:52

I am a dentist.
extrremely common and nothing to worry about.

Anything sinister as you have described is very very rare

loopylou6 Fri 09-Oct-09 22:31:23

Dont u just love these kind professionals smile

Jasper, you've no idea how a few words can help ease a persons mind smile

jasper Fri 09-Oct-09 22:36:05

Aw thanks. You see it is the only thing I know anything about smile

mumof2000 Sat 10-Oct-09 07:59:24

Really .....? im sooo worried ..cant seem to shift this cloud apon my head full of worry ....

its like a ulcer/spot, but its not ..if you know what i mean ... did the sin and googled and convinced MC can only be the poss thing ...sad

like i said my dentist is sure its nothing other than trauma from biting of which i may do in sleep to and he said not presenting like it ...but as its not going im panicking ....

so jasper you to have sen this sort of thing ?

thanks for replying , just so worried ....and cant stop checking mouth ...

xx

mumof2000 Sat 10-Oct-09 17:28:25

bump

jasper Sat 10-Oct-09 21:58:47

mum I promise you I see this every day of the week x

mumof2000 Sat 10-Oct-09 22:04:44

thank you jasper will try sleep well tonight xx

jasper Sat 10-Oct-09 22:35:53

seriously, the chances of this being MC are extremely slim!

Ps do you smoke or chew tobacco?

mumof2000 Sun 11-Oct-09 09:01:57

No im a 37 y old non smoker or heavy drinker , my dentist said if he was concerned he would refer me ASAP but said hes 99.9 o/o happy its trauma from me biting plus said not presenting lump, swelling any thing of MC , wants to see me in 2 weeks to see if any change but said only to put my mind at rest and if i was still worried would refer if i really wanted . sounds like he doing the best i think ?

he knows i suffer anx and is very understanding .

thanks for listening xx

jasper Sun 11-Oct-09 19:20:53

I would do exactly as your own dentist.

If you drank a bottle of spirits and smoked 50 a day I would be mildly worried. But only mildly!

mumof2000 Sun 11-Oct-09 19:40:20

i think he is being very good to just me and my anxiety working overtime and shouldnt have googled ....

so based on what i have said you dont think i should worry ?
thanks for listening and advice x

jasper Sun 11-Oct-09 23:08:30

I absolutely think you should NOT worry.

Seriously, I see what you describe every day of the week.!

mumof2000 Mon 12-Oct-09 07:55:13

Thank you jasper , will try relax a little , its with me morning , non and night ...the worry i mean ..

just ant it to GO ....

thank you for advice and listening xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now