Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help im worrying i noticed skin abnormalities on dps back!

(9 Posts)
charleepeters Fri 10-Jun-05 11:01:07

Sorry about the titile was jsut wondering af any one knew what they are i have tries to find a picture on the net but cant seemt o find one so ot only am i worrying i am also feeling a little sick after trawling through web sites lookiing at gross lumps, bumps, and various skin conditiond on peoples bodys!
any way i will dwescribe them.

they are flat light brown patches about 1/2 - 1 cm in diamiter. theres about 4 of them i dont know if hes always had them as i dont pay much attentin to his back and he doesnt know how long hes had them either as he cant see his back! i dont know what they are or if i sould worry theres no lump behind them there not raised from the skinand there not dark brown or black. it looks like his skins been lightmy stained with coffe or something anyone got any experiences???

sparklymieow Fri 10-Jun-05 11:04:46

sounds like coffee birthmarks (not sure if thats the crrect name), I have one on my leg

Enid Fri 10-Jun-05 11:04:48

molluscum

Enid Fri 10-Jun-05 11:05:22

or could be patch of pigment, dd1 has one, it looks like a light coffee splotch

sparklymieow Fri 10-Jun-05 11:06:43

here you go

• Café au lait spots: Tan or light brown flat patches that sometimes appear in multiples. Between 20 and 50 percent of newborns have one or two of these pigmented birthmarks. They usually get smaller as a child grows, though they may also darken with sun exposure.

charleepeters Fri 10-Jun-05 11:08:23

i thought it could be a birthmark but can you have more than one?

the thing is dp has very marked skin on his chest and back as it is he had thw worst case of chicken pox a couple of years ago and scratched them all off! (he was told not to but hes stubbon)
so its difficult to tell as he had loads of white patches from scars. but there are light beige brown. i probably shouldnt worry but i worry about everything. i know its stupid but my first though was dp's got skin cancer! his mum had cancer when she was younger so its always been a fear of mine.

almostanangel Fri 10-Jun-05 11:09:31

my dds 2 and 3 have these dd2 has across back and under arm looks like a map!! she doesnt seem to be bothered by having them,shes 14 ,dd3 has it on her face so her forhead is darker oneside then the other and it darkens in the sun,,nobody really fusses about it so it doesnt bother her if it does when shes older shes 8 she could use make up

sparklymieow Fri 10-Jun-05 11:09:33

its says on that piece I copied and pasted that you can have multiple marks

charleepeters Fri 10-Jun-05 11:10:35

thanks just got a bit worried as i never noticed them before i vow to take a closer interest in dps back from now on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now