Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tampons!

(3 Posts)
Pinkmarshmallow Fri 09-Oct-09 10:58:22

Hi
Feel a bit stupid and blush posting this but I have a wee problem...and it needs sorted ASAP. I HATE using tampons, absolutely hate it, have an irrational fear that they'll get stuck inside me/string come off and I won't be able to take it out. sad I bought a box of them about 5 years ago I think it was for going on holidays, just in case I really needed them, and today I checked the date on them and they expired Feb this year. Anyone know if they safe to use still? Why do they need an expiry date...not like it's food or anything?!? I have a baby 7 months old and am taking her to baby swimming group this afternoon and, yup, you guessed it, AF is here in all her glory. The swim course is only 6 wks long and I already had to miss one session as DD was sick so I really don't want to miss this one. Ok, so I could stop at a shop and buy a new box on the way to swimmin, but for me that's big hassle as I still have SPD problems after the birth so it's hard getting in and out of the car and carrying baby etc. and I wanted to practise using one and even see if I could get it in before I go.... you see I still have major diffs "down below" too since birth, extensive episiotomy, became infected, re-hospitalised, still uncomfortable to walk and sit (let alone use a tampon, which I'm already scared of at the best of times!!) blushblushblushblushblushblush
Thanks for reading, please advise ASAP. TIA.

FourArms Fri 09-Oct-09 11:02:40

I'd imagine it's probably something to do with keeping them semi sterile or something. hmm

I'm sure that they'll be fine to use. Alternatively, they'll probably stock them in the swimming pool toilets, but you won't get a chance to experiment then.

Use some lubricating gel if you're worried (and have some!).

Hope it all goes well.

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 09-Oct-09 13:17:48

Is it essential you go? IMO, if it is 'still uncomfortable to walk, sit *use a tampon*', you may want to revise your plan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now