Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Foot and Ankle Specialists in London -- any recommendations?

(6 Posts)
joesgirl Fri 09-Oct-09 10:50:34

Hello, I have been suffering from severe pain in my big toe and will need to see a specialist now to see what one can do. I am happy to go private, as my insurance should cover it.

Do you have any recommendations for foot and ankle specialists in London? Searching the internet I came across 2 units, but I don't have any views about them:

Thanks for your advice!

alypaly Fri 09-Oct-09 13:31:29

mr michael hennessey and mr geary are both renowned foot specialist in britain.
What problem have you got joesgirl. Have had 3 lots of foot and ankle surgery myself

alypaly Fri 09-Oct-09 13:36:02

here is the website for mike hennessey and nick geary.

they both also lecture around the country on foot and ankle injuries and surgery.

joesgirl Fri 09-Oct-09 14:12:59

Thank you alypaly. I cannot properly bend my toe, cannot step on my toe anymore. It really hurts if i try to walk normally, even if i walk in flat shoes (which i have done for 3 months now). I am afraid i may have strained it when wearing high heels some time ago, and then it just got worse.

Blu Fri 09-Oct-09 14:14:16

Have you been to your GP?

alypaly Fri 09-Oct-09 14:16:46

does it hurt on the ball of your big toe or your actual toe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now