Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help! My elbow is SO painful.

(8 Posts)
spicybingowings Thu 08-Oct-09 21:39:18

Hi there

The tip of my elbow is incredibly painful - not mechanically but just when any kind of touch or pressure is put on it. I can't even wear a long sleeve because when I bend my arm and the material presses on my elbow, it hurts so much that I nearly go through the roof.

I've not banged it and it's not bruised or swollen.

Has anybody else experienced this and have any idea what it is and if it will go on its own?

Thanks in advance.

Sawyer64 Thu 08-Oct-09 21:55:40

Maybe THIS?

spicybingowings Thu 08-Oct-09 22:03:48

Thanks Sawyer - I don't think so because I don't have any pain when gripping or twisting anything. It is just touch around the 'tip' of my elbow.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Sawyer64 Thu 08-Oct-09 22:11:45

No problem.smile

Sawyer64 Thu 08-Oct-09 22:14:11

Or this maybe?

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 09-Oct-09 07:35:58

I had something called pseudogout, it sounds exactly the same. I went to the doctor, he gave me some tablets and it went. Can't remember the name of pills, it was five years ago when we were living in Thailand. I hadn't done anything out of the ordinary, but the pain was extraordinary.

spicybingowings Sat 10-Oct-09 11:18:10

Thanks both of you - that's really helpful. Having read the links I think I'm going to have to go to the docs sad - was hoping it was going to be a short lived thing but it is so painful and the slightest touch to it now is agony.

Thanks again for taking the time to post. smile

Laine4kids Wed 14-Oct-09 22:50:30

hi spicy
i wondered,did you go to the docs?
I have just developed sawyers second suggestion,bursitis and I thought we compare notes[or elbows!]
Hope yours is recovering.
L

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now