Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Are you doing the Moonwalk? Support needed for Mo2's Moonwalk Madness!

(4 Posts)
Mo2 Thu 09-Jun-05 22:29:20

I'm sure I remember a few people saying this they were going to do this.

6 friends and I have signed up for the 13 mile "Half Moon", and eek - suddenly it's next weekend!

For those who aren't familiar, the Playtex Moonwalk is a powerwalking marathon (26 or 13 miles)starting at midnight in Hyde park on 18th June. All the 15,000 participants (mostly women) wear decorated bras to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research.

As some of you know, my Mum died from breast cancer last year, and I completed the Great North Run in her memory. So the Moonwalk is my chosen event this year to continue to remember her by.

If anyone would like to sponsor me/ donate to Breakthrough Breast Cancer, I've set up a page Mo2Moonwalk2005

And fellow moonwalkers reveal yourself!

(please feel free to <bump> for me, even if you can't donate... )

Legacy Thu 09-Jun-05 22:43:06

Good luck Mo - I'm not doing it (too lazy!) but 2 friends are, and will be dressed in hawaiin skirts & bras - what have you decorated your bras like??

MarsLady Thu 09-Jun-05 23:03:08

Good for you. I missed the deadline by moments. Will deffo do it again next year. Did it a couple of years ago (pre-DTs) and it was wonderful. Have a fantastic night. Hope you've done your training.

Mo2 Fri 10-Jun-05 16:17:41

Marslady - training? Oh no - I forgot about that
Seriously though, I haven't done as much as I'd like - did a 6 mile walk a week ago and was OK though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now