Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Fluttering Under Eyelid - anyone had this?

(16 Posts)
triffictits Wed 07-Oct-09 22:31:10

Just recently I have had a really strange fluttering underneath my left eye just under my bottom lashes - its almost like a spasm - it flutters like mad and you can actually see it doing it, then just stops.

I had it a couple of weeks ago for a couple of days then it went - it is back again now and driving me mad.

Has anyone else had anything like this? What could it be?

SixtyFootDoll Wed 07-Oct-09 22:32:45

tiredness

PandaG Wed 07-Oct-09 22:33:25

don't know what it is, but my mum and I both get it, either eye, when we are really tired.

KiwiKat Wed 07-Oct-09 22:33:30

It's a muscle spasm, and they usually occur when you're tired or stressed. They're fairly common, not really anything to worry about.

listenglisten Wed 07-Oct-09 22:33:36

I sometimes get this is I am especially tired and have always assumed that's what is cuasing the fluttering. Will wait and see what others say with interest.

BibiBOO Wed 07-Oct-09 22:33:53

Me too, when I'm tired

ABetaDad Wed 07-Oct-09 22:33:54

I occasionally get it when very tired.

redsofas Wed 07-Oct-09 22:35:41

i have had theese twitchy spasm things in both my upper lip left side and left eyebrow, usually when stressed!

choccyp1g Wed 07-Oct-09 22:36:22

I used to get it a lot as a teenager, along with the burning ears thingy, and recently realised that it never much happens nowadays. I put both down to tiredness. DS also gets the burning red ears when he is overtired

Littlefish Wed 07-Oct-09 22:37:26

Me too. Tiredness causes it for me.

Heated Wed 07-Oct-09 22:39:36

Yep, when I'm tired. I have to give my eyes a good rub to stop twitching, hopefully after I've remembered to remove mascara.

triffictits Wed 07-Oct-09 22:42:15

Thanks for all your replies - I am not worried about it now you have mostly told me it is due to tiredness or stress.

I haven't been sleeping well at all recently and am also under a bit of stress. Hopefully it will calm down soon when I manage to get some sleep.

TheCrackFox Wed 07-Oct-09 22:47:52

I get it when tired or stressed. I quite like it.

nightcat Thu 08-Oct-09 11:27:56

Could be Mg/B deficiency - mine went away when I started taking these. It was bothering me for months, but disappeared after just a few tablets.
Mg & B are also good for coping with stress.

boodeniites Thu 08-Oct-09 11:47:14

i had it for weeks recently i hated it it is away at the moment my mad stress symptoms have moved on to something else hmm

typical Thu 08-Oct-09 12:47:46

I get it when I have calcium defeciency. (Also get spasms in my hands and feet and heart palpitations.) Usually drinking milk and eating cheese for a few days stops it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now