Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Im having a laporosphy and treatment for endometriosis on Wedn, do you think I will be k for work by Tues?

(5 Posts)
ilovegarlic Wed 07-Oct-09 14:39:54

Op on Wedn next in work on the following Tues do you think I will be ok?

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 07-Oct-09 14:57:52

Hopefully you'll be okay. I was advised to take two days off work post lap and was glad that I did so. Be mindful of the shoulder pains post op; that CO2 gas they use travels upwards. Painkillers should take the edge off it although it can be very painful.

BTW they should give you a follow up appointment a week or so post lap to discuss the findings. If this has not already been done ensure such an appointment is made. You should not be talked to in the recovery room or on the ward about the lap's findings - this is bad practice.

www.endo.org.uk is a very good UK based website with loads of information on it.

mananny Wed 07-Oct-09 15:22:11

You should be ok, I second the shoulder pain thing, it hurt more than the op site!!!! Although I really couldn't laugh or bend over without crying for a few days... Take co-codomal (or whatever they give you) religiously for 2 or 3 days after as the anasthetic takes a while to get out of your system and you won't know how much you hurt until that wears off and trust me you'll need the drugs then!!! Sleep as much as you can and walk around as soon as you can, was the advice given to me, it helps prevent DVT, helps clear the gas pains in your shoulders too. I also took arnica and whether or not it really helps I think it relieved the swelling and bruising.

I have endo and a retroverted uterus and my endo is mainly between my uterus and my bowels so it gets pretty awful and I have had 3 laps in 6 years. They really work though and are worth the week of pain after. Good luck and enjoy the anasthetic I am a freak of nature in that I love the smell of it, all metallic and weird, and by the time I think to myself mmmm I like that I am out cold LOL.

ilovegarlic Wed 07-Oct-09 17:03:27

My hub is off work for a few days after so Im hoping I will be ok by at least Tuesday. I told the consultant about the shoulders thing and she was quite alarmed she said it was the gas they cant get out hitting he nerves in the shoulder area.

God Im trying not to think about it as Im sooo scared I even said I wouldn come one MN!!!!

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 08-Oct-09 08:04:49

You'll be fine I think. Gas pain is the biggest discomfort, I had peppermint capsule (allegedly it disipates the gas), my flatus was fragrent and my anus aflame. Beware.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now