Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

discharge after childbirth - is this normal?

(4 Posts)
olivo Mon 05-Oct-09 14:11:41

sorry if TMI. i had DD by elec CS just over 6 weeks ago. i bled for about 3 weeks and thenit tailed off into a discharge. now, i keep getting a sort of surge of browny yellow discharge - at first i thought i had wet myself a bit but it was not urine. is this normal or could it be some sort of infection from my womb or internal scars?

BornToFolk Mon 05-Oct-09 14:15:42

I had that for ages after birth (after bleeding for 8 weeks...fun times). It only really stopped when my periods came back. I didn't have a c section though and just put it down to one of those delightful things that pregnancy and childbirth does to your body - not sure how common it is.

Go and see your GP if you are worried.

BornToFolk Mon 05-Oct-09 14:15:54

I had that for ages after birth (after bleeding for 8 weeks...fun times). It only really stopped when my periods came back. I didn't have a c section though and just put it down to one of those delightful things that pregnancy and childbirth does to your body - not sure how common it is.

Go and see your GP if you are worried.

olivo Mon 05-Oct-09 14:42:14

8 weeks? ouch!
stupidly forgot to mention it at 6 wk check. i suppose i could ask when i take DD for vaccination at 8 weeks?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now