Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

don't know where to post this, am 8 days post partum am experiencing excruciationg pain when breast feeding in uterus and increased bleeding sorry if tmi

(8 Posts)
minxofmancunia Sun 04-Oct-09 19:53:07

Pains aren't like normal afterbirth contractions, it starts when I'm feeding him and won't subside at all. Am taking paracetomol but not v effective.

Also bleeding has got heavier and I sort of feel as if everything is going to fall out of my bum, sorry horrible description.

any ideas what this might be, infection, prolapse or bits of retained placenta maybe?

pain really quite unbearable and really don't want to stop bf!!

help!

CarGirl Sun 04-Oct-09 19:59:12

TBH after my 2nd dc the afterpains really were that bad, they weren't as bad after dc3 & dc4 I was given some voltarol those times though but I didn't end up taking many as the pain was no where near as bad.

In hindsight I do think there was something not quite right in my womb after dd2 but no-one believed/listened to me.

I was screaming in pain at some points whilst trying to feed her, yes and the blood loss it was unbelievable.

hobbgoblin Sun 04-Oct-09 20:00:38

After DC 3 and 4 my afterpains were worse than labour. Don't know if that is reassurring in any way hmm

PatTheHammer Sun 04-Oct-09 20:01:49

I had very similar. Get some voltarol from your midwife so you can bear feeding and get her to check you out if you don't feel right. You are still under hospital care till DS is 10 days old.

I sobbed with pain all night on day 2 and 3 and then voltarol for 2 weeks. bleeding disappeared after 2 weeks too.

Good luck.

BloodRedTulips Sun 04-Oct-09 20:08:41

the day i was taking ds2 home from SCBU, 5 days post partum, i actually thought i was seriously damaged in some way and was going to end up being readmitted.

the afterpains after his birth, for well o0ver a week, were the most excrutiatingly painful thing i've ever experianced, and all three births had been drug free!

that day was the worst though as i had had 4 hours sleep at my parents (not in one go, had to wake to express) and had driven half an hour to the hospital, walked from the car park to 1st floor (fair hike with my nether regions in bits), back out again and driven to get petrol, thought i was dying at the petrol station, stumbled back to car, barely hauled myself back into the hospital and sat in a chair trying to mask the pain so the scbu staff wouldn't notice as i knew they wouldn't let ds2 home with me if they knew what state i was in.

hideous sad

no harm getting it checked out but tbh it sounds fairly normal

minxofmancunia Sun 04-Oct-09 20:15:07

that is reassuring hobgoblin, this pain is comparable to contractions

CarGirl Sun 04-Oct-09 20:24:00

TBH now that I have done an epidural free birth they WORSE than contractions/delivery IMO. Demand voltoral and bite/scream into a cushion as you feed!

Mybox Sun 04-Oct-09 20:28:21

Sounds like afterpains - but get it checked as you're 8 days after the birth & afterpains are usually in the imùmediate days following the birth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now