Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ovary Pain??

(6 Posts)
prawncrackers Sun 04-Oct-09 19:00:46

For the last few months I've been experiencing a pain where I can only presume my ovary is, very deep down in my groin on the left hand side?

The pain only lasts seconds at a time but when it hits, it's been bad enough to have me bent over double and takes my breath away. Although the pain niggles on and off all month long, I've noticed the last two months that the severity increases around ovulation and I've been having a bleed for a couple of days around this time.

I'm 37 and my smears are all up to date and clear. I've been a bit blase about this up until now thinking it's just my age etc but am now beginning to wonder whether it could be symptoms of a cyst??

I will make an appointment to see my GP but any advice greatly appreciated.

policywonk Sun 04-Oct-09 19:12:59

Ovulation pain in itself is fairly common (it's called mittelschmertz or summat), but a change in your normal physiological cycle is always worth investigating. (If they refer you for a vaginal scan, don't worry - they're very straightforward and not painful).

alecia43 Mon 05-Oct-09 10:12:15

I am sorry that you have been experiencing such bad pain. I think that it is really important that you have some tests done to make sure that there isn't something else causing the pain - fibroids, cysts and endometriosis can all cause the type of pain that you describe and you should not have to put up with it.

ilovegarlic Tue 06-Oct-09 22:04:46

You describe what I have - started in May. Very painful cramps around period time but not so much around ovulation.

HAve left it until now as in August I was in agony felt sick and dizzy and had to go to bed for 3-4 hours.

Went to hosp yesterday saw a great consultant who examined me, sent me for a scan diagnosed endometriosis on right ovary, small fibroid and a small blood filled cyst on left ovary!!! Booked me in there and then for a laporosphy (spell!) and she will burn away area in 2 weeks. she said it was the endo that was causing the severe pain she said if it is not treated it could spread then start affecting other organs.

Im absolutely cra**ing it but know its for the best.

You must go to your doctors

prawncrackers Thu 08-Oct-09 18:18:21

Thanks everone for all your input. Ilove garlic sorry to hear all you're going through but good that you're now getting treatment.

I've made an appointment with my GP and hopefully get this resolved soon!

Thanks again.

ilovegarlic Wed 14-Oct-09 22:19:45

Prawn - any news, been to docs yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now