Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD's first periods - experienced mums I need advice!

(6 Posts)
HappyInTheCity Sun 04-Oct-09 14:41:15

DD had her first period over the August Bank holiday, it lasted for 2 or 3 days then stopped. She is certainly the right age and at right stage of development too, so all is fine in that department! Since then nothing, that was 5 weeks ago I think.. How long do these things take to settle down ? Is this normal ? I am sure it is. My mum is no longer alive, so I can't ask what it was like when it was me; and she is the first of her mates, so no one has any experience. In time to come I expect I will be the one who can give advice to them!!

Experienced mums I need you!!

HappyInTheCity Sun 04-Oct-09 15:15:18

.... anyone ?! ........

said Sun 04-Oct-09 15:18:47

Hi. My eldest started about 18 months ago and she's still not really settled down into a regular pattern. I think it's all pretty normal to be irregular for quite a while.

StrictlyAvadaKedavra Sun 04-Oct-09 15:24:10

When my DD and my niece started it took them both around a year for them to settle into a proper cycle. Just make sure she's always got her stuff in her school bag just in case.

koninklijke Mon 05-Oct-09 08:12:49

My first period was age 13 in the oct. I didn't have another one until the Feb. Then they were regular. (as long as she's not having sex.....the irregularity is totally normal).

kingprawntikka Tue 06-Oct-09 11:19:01

My daughter is almost 14 and has had four periods in the last seven months.First one about 5 days , two 9 days and very heavy and one 7 days and light. They have been 50 plus days apart some times and the last one was 24 days since the one before. I think it just takes a while to settle into a regular pattern for some girls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now